<

How do you transfer music from usb to itunes?

Postby ashby8 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:05 pm

iam going to get a usb flash drive so i can transfer my music from the usb to my iphone, but if i insert it will itunes detect the music and put it on there library, i know it wont save but if it can take that music as long as the usb is connected cant i just insert my iphone's usb in the other usb port and take the music off itunes than when im done just take everything out and nothing saved
ashby8

Postby stockwell78 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:07 pm

iam going to get a usb flash drive so i can transfer my music from the usb to my iphone, but if i insert it will itunes detect the music and put it on there library, i know it wont save but if it can take that music as long as the usb is connected cant i just insert my iphone's usb in the other usb port and take the music off itunes than when im done just take everything out and nothing saved
itunes doesnt actually save the music you add to your library in any location . copy the songs to your pc and then add them to itunes and this should work
stockwell78

<

Postby warley » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 pm

When you add music to your itunes library, itunes does not copy the music into an itunes folder for the programs personal use, but makes a mental note of the location in your computer, for instance
C://My Documents/My Music/Songtitle.mp3

If you want the song to pop up in your library even when the usb is not connected to your computer, copy the music to your hard drive and import the music from that location.
warley

Return to iPhone