<

ICloud says my iPod is offline?

Postby barlowe57 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 pm

What do they mean by that? I recently misplaced it and I suspect someone stole it so I went on Find My iPhone and this is what it says.. "iPod is offline"
barlowe57

Postby atzel21 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Maybe your ipod is just off, therefor it can't be found (no signal)
or maybe whoever has it has removed the tracker so you can't find it..

I really don't know anything about them but that's how it sounds to me.

Good luck. Hope you find it!
atzel21

<

Re: ICloud says my iPod is offline?

Postby seanpercival01 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:13 pm

This can occur if:

The date on your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) is incorrect. This can be set in Settings > General > Date & Time.
Your device is not up-to-date. It needs to have iOS 5 or later.
Your iCloud account is not configured on your device. Enter your iCloud account information in Settings > iCloud.
You have multiple iCloud accounts entered on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Only one account can have Find My iPhone turned on at a given time. Log in to Find My iPhone with your other iCloud accounts until your device is listed.
You have already started an erase of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The device will not appear on the page until it is reconfigured with your iCloud account information.
There is scheduled maintenance or another issue affecting Find My iPhone. Check iCloud Support to see if this is the case.
Your device has lost network connectivity. If you have access to your device, and it appears to have an active Internet connection, enable and then disable Airplane mode. If you continue to have issues, turn the device off and back on.
Find My Mac can only locate your Mac if it is connected to the Internet via a known Wi-Fi network. If your Mac is connected to the Internet only by an Ethernet cable, Find My Mac will not be able to locate your Mac.

This can occur if:

On your iPhone, your cellular service has been terminated by your wireless service provider. If you contacted your service provider to report your device lost or stolen before locating your phone, and they deactivated your SIM card or account, this would be expected. If this is the case, you may no longer be able to locate, display a message on, or erase your iPhone.
Your device is powered off (for example, the battery has run out—note that the remaining battery for the device, if it's connected to the Internet, displays in the upper-right corner of the information pane of the selected device). You can still send a play a sound request to, or a message to, issue a lock request, or initiate an erase of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and it will be received once the device is turned on and regains its Internet connection.
Your iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac is asleep and not connected to a known Wi-Fi network. You will still be able to request an erase, send a message to display and lock your device, or request that a sound be played, and this request will be processed when your device is awakened and connected to the Internet.
Previously-owned device appears in Find My iPhone

A device will appear in your device list when you log in to Find My iPhone as long as Find My iPhone is turned on in the iCloud Settings or System Preferences on your device or Mac. Be sure to remove your iCloud account, along with any other personal data, from your device or Mac prior to selling or giving it away. See this article for more information. If the device is currently offline, you can remove it from the device list by clicking the X icon (Remove) to the right of its name (at icloud.com/find from a computer) or by swiping over the device name in the device list in the Find My iPhone iOS app and tapping Delete (in Find My iPhone 1.3) or Remove (in Find My iPhone 2.0).

Note: If your device is still configured with your iCloud account, the next time the device connects to the Internet, it will be added to the Find My iPhone page again.

I removed a device, how do I add it back?

Once you remove a device, it will automatically be added again the next time the device connects to the Internet, as long as your iCloud membername and password are configured on the device under iCloud Settings > General. If this does not occur, see the "Device does not appear in Find My iPhone" section above.

"We could not complete your request" alert

You may receive this alert if there is an issue with the Internet connection on the computer you are using, or if the device you are trying to find was removed from the list of devices while you were logged in.

I cannot turn Find My Mac on

This can occur if:

You are not an administrative user on your Mac. "Administrator authorization required" will appear under the Find My Mac switch in the iCloud System Preferences pane. Log out of your account, log back in with an administrative user account and try to turn Find My Mac on in that account.
Your Mac has an old Recovery partition. "Recovery system update required" will appear under the Find My Mac switch in the iCloud System Preferences pane. From the Apple menu, choose Software Update, and make sure you install the Mac OS X Recovery HD Update for your version of OS X.
The recovery partition on your Mac may be damaged. Try verifying and repairing the partition using Disk Utility. See this article for details.
seanpercival01

Return to iPhone