<

IPhone 4 battery life goes down fast - Help!?

Postby sutciyf94 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:26 am

Recently got an iPhone 4, by contract and i noticed the battery life is terrible...after doing research online, i know now this is a common problem and i tried doing what it said by turning off "Ping" and "Notifications" but it still dies fast! I do not have a "Mail" account set to the iPhone, what can i do to make the battery life good?

I currently have it set to "3G" but when i take it off i get no signal so i need to have 3G enabled in order to use my phone I've had cell phones before and the battery life was great, but this one is just awful...one of the worst i ever had I can't even use it for a day without the battery dying on me, it's like i have to charge the darn thing everyday. Is there anything i can do to fix it? like turn things off....Cause i'm in a 3 year contract and i want to be able to use my phone without having to charge it daily and the pop up that comes up when it's at "22%" or something.

I do go on Facebook, but that's about it cause it's real in my plan...but it's not often...and i close programs after i'm done with them by "double clicking" the home button.
sutciyf94

Postby beinvenido24 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:31 am

How is your signal? More battery life is used searching for signal than all the applications you could ever run on the phone. You said something about turning off 3G and having no service. That was my concern. Also take a look at what type of case you are using. If you have a iPhone4 make sure you always have a case to stop from losing your signal strength.

I hope this helps.
beinvenido24

<

Postby fleming » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:33 am

Probably a defective battery. Been known to happen. You should be able to get it replaced for real under Apple basic warranty.

Facebook can drain the battery more if you've got location and push notifications set and you have a lot of apps that use it (farmville, et al), but it still shouldn't kill it in a day.
fleming

Return to iPhone