<

IPhone 5 or Blackberry Bold Touch 9900? Which would be better?

Postby trip58 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:46 am

I want to buy a new phone for my birthday. But im torn between these two. I know they are both not out yet, but when they do come out I would like to buy one.
I have had a blackberry curve before (the really old one that had the track ball and stuff) and i currently have an iPhone 3Gs.

I like how the blackberry has a physical QWERTY keyboard and not a touchscreen, though i have now become accustomed to the iPhone touchscreen keyboard. I like how the iphone has apps and a front camera. But i also like how the New BB Bold 9900 look similar to the BB bold 9000 because even before i got an iPhone i wanted to get the BB bold 9000, because of its larger screen & keyboard and how it looks different from all the other blackberries.
Right now I am torn, Ive had such a good experience with both types of phones. And though most people where i live have blackberries ( which would be good for Blackberry Messenger), I'm still having a hard time to chose which one i should get.

Help would be great :)
trip58

Postby averil » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:50 am

I want to buy a new phone for my birthday. But im torn between these two. I know they are both not out yet, but when they do come out I would like to buy one.
I have had a blackberry curve before (the really old one that had the track ball and stuff) and i currently have an iPhone 3Gs.

I like how the blackberry has a physical QWERTY keyboard and not a touchscreen, though i have now become accustomed to the iPhone touchscreen keyboard. I like how the iphone has apps and a front camera. But i also like how the New BB Bold 9900 look similar to the BB bold 9000 because even before i got an iPhone i wanted to get the BB bold 9000, because of its larger screen & keyboard and how it looks different from all the other blackberries.
Right now I am torn, Ive had such a good experience with both types of phones. And though most people where i live have blackberries ( which would be good for Blackberry Messenger), I'm still having a hard time to chose which one i should get.

Help would be great :)
Torch is best

Blackberry is simply the best for a business person or someone who needs to be typing on it all day. The keyboard on the Torch took a day to get used to vs the Curve but that was it. Here are a couple things I like about the Torch:

1. Actual keyboard for those long e-mails.
2. On screen keyboard for those quick texts or silent typing
3. Calendar - always simple, just start typing by the time of day and you're done.
4. Better camera (Not iPhone 4 good, but good)
averil

<

Postby adolfo100 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:53 am

I just purchased the Torch to replace my heavily abused Bold 9000 (still one of the best blackberry devices ever created). I also have a Curve 2 (Verizon) for work. I have been using Blackberry devices for over 4 years now and upgrade regularly when new devices become available. First the good:
It Has Some Good Point Which I share With You

*The web browser has been improved by leaps and bounds.
*The multitouch screen is a great addition
*Media management - it's great to not have to wait 2 weeks for a half dozen of your photo thumbnails to pop up. Enough said!
*Solid Design - it feels like a tank
*The camera is a great improvement as well. It takes some nice pictures and the flash is actually semi-usable. To be honest I think this LED is the brightest flash I've seen on a phone. Now I just need to find a flashlight app.
*A keyboard! I know it's small and a slider but it's so nice to be able to type with one hand and not have to rely on a touch screen QWERTY all the time. The phone feels very natural in your hand even with the slider open. The on screen keyboard is acceptable in horizontal mode and no more difficult to use than the iphone's or android's but it's very tough to type in vertical mode since it's ridiculously narrow. You are still able to easily get out simple sentences without having to slide the phone open though. The darn auto correct is handy but sure makes a mess of sentences at times.
adolfo100

Return to iPhone