<

Iphone charges with wall outlet but wont; charge/sync/connect to my windows 7 laptop.?

Iphone charges with wall outlet but wont; charge/sync/connect to my windows 7 laptop.?

Postby rayman85 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:18 am

iphone charges with wall outlet but wont; charge/sync/connect to my windows 7 laptop,
i was told it may be my battery, but i tried it with my brothers ipod and the same applies;
it charges with wall outlet but not laptop?
my iphones out of warranty so contacting apples not an option!
rayman85

Postby harmen65 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:19 am

Hi the device drivers might not be installed on your computer, and so it does not recognise your iphone. Try plugging your iphone in again when have opened the itunes program. The software tells the hardware what to do and windows 7 does work with itunes. Try this, hopefully it should should work. If not maybe its because your iphone is an older mode,l and is not compatible with windows. Try replacing the battery and check the condition of the USB connecting cable is ok.
harmen65

<

Postby narfi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:21 am

Im not 100% sure on this one but i think you need to purchase software to make it work. windows and apple are 2 very different operating systems and iphone was made to be compatible with apple operating system. I had the same issue with a friend's ipod. I cant give you a link for the software because i am using wifi off of my phone and my signal is bad but try googleing apple iphone software for windows 7. It could also be that you need a higher powered usb port and in that case there isnt anything you can do but have one installed.
narfi

Return to iPhone