<

IPhone dropped--screen isnt cracked but dark black screen?

Postby raoul81 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:32 am

I dropped my iPhone 4 about an hour ago and now the screen is black like its locked. I get the tone when i receive phone calls or texts but my screen wont light up for me to see it. WHATS GOING ON?! please help :(
raoul81

Postby kyrell82 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:33 am

What I would try doing is what is called a hard reset. Hold down the lock button and the home button for about 30 seconds and if it works, the phone should turn itself off then back on and display the Apple logo. If this doesn't work, you can also try resetting the phone back to factory settings by connecting it to iTunes and looking for the option to reset (in iTunes). Then if that works, just restore from a backup that was automatically saved when you hooked our phone up to iTunes.

If neither of these work, then it's not a software issue, it's a hardware issue. If there is no physical damage to the phone and you're still under the 1 year manufacturers warranty, you could try making an appointment to go into an Apple store and claim it was a manufacturers defect. Otherwise you'll have to try and get the phone repaired from a private repair shop, which will probably cost you a pretty penny.
kyrell82

Return to iPhone