<

Iphone 4s fell in toilet?

Postby clayten81 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:25 pm

At around 8:30 this morning, my new iphone 4s fell in my toilet. i immediately took it out and dried it off. About an hour later i took the case off and there was still more water so I dried it off. the touch screen does not work so i cannot turn it off or unlock it.
Help?
clayten81

Postby donahue42 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Hope you got a warrenty on that. iPhones will not work after coming in contact with large amounts of water. If you do not have a warrenty you can try taking it to your nearest apple store and it might be covered under the real warrenty.
donahue42

<

Postby enlai » Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Fell or was it pushed?

I am glad you told me the time simply because I have an alibi for that exact moment and are captured on video...

The question is why take a phone into the toilet?

I can only answer that by telling you of my upbringing, and well judge for yourself

I can request virtually anything anywhere in the house except that room. Never in my entire life has anything been given to me, in that room. Growing up no toys NO TV radio nothing, neglect or what when I went into that room, solitary confinement has nothing on this.
And you get an iPhone4S?

If you detect an absence of sympathy well IDK
But you did take your phone into the toilet.
http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/dirtier-than-your-toilet-seat.htm
You are not the first so
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvSvGLS.iDRwUazzeCgQx4lJBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20111221122856AATTQhi
Yahoo answers provide answers not just to the questioner BUT others also.
So from Wiki as this as a cautionary tale...

"There are things you do do and things you don't do, It should be obvious or come as no surprise
if you do do things you are not supposed to be doing, do not be take issue at what you do do now in order to undo what you did do do."

What is Sir I take on this? you did ask? The iPhone4S starts at £499 and so given the immersion (electrolytes!) is almost certainly uneconomical to repair, ONLY replaced.
enlai

Postby tyce68 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Fell or was it pushed?

I am glad you told me the time simply because I have an alibi for that exact moment and are captured on video...

The question is why take a phone into the toilet?

I can only answer that by telling you of my upbringing, and well judge for yourself

I can request virtually anything anywhere in the house except that room. Never in my entire life has anything been given to me, in that room. Growing up no toys NO TV radio nothing, neglect or what when I went into that room, solitary confinement has nothing on this.
And you get an iPhone4S?

If you detect an absence of sympathy well IDK
But you did take your phone into the toilet.
http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/dirtier-than-your-toilet-seat.htm
You are not the first so
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvSvGLS.iDRwUazzeCgQx4lJBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20111221122856AATTQhi
Yahoo answers provide answers not just to the questioner BUT others also.
So from Wiki as this as a cautionary tale...

"There are things you do do and things you don't do, It should be obvious or come as no surprise
if you do do things you are not supposed to be doing, do not be take issue at what you do do now in order to undo what you did do do."

What is Sir I take on this? you did ask? The iPhone4S starts at £499 and so given the immersion (electrolytes!) is almost certainly uneconomical to repair, ONLY replaced.
you should have immediately just turned it off and then placed it in a bag of rice and left it for a couple of days, but now your best bet is to leave it turned off and just leave it to dry on its own, maybe put it on the radiator but not too hot so it doesn't fry the circuit boards.
tyce68

Postby loughlin » Thu May 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Just let it dry out completely. Trying to turn it on while it's still wet may short out the circuit board. I've heard success stories after letting it completely dry then turning it on.

KC
www.cell-shack.com
loughlin

Postby justain » Thu May 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Just let it dry out completely. Trying to turn it on while it's still wet may short out the circuit board. I've heard success stories after letting it completely dry then turning it on.

KC
www.cell-shack.com
Clean with petrol it will work
justain

Return to iPhone