<

iPhone: how to ignore calls automatically?

Postby dunmore » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:28 am

iPhone: how to ignore calls automatically? Is there an iPhone app or feature that lets you manage a list of phone numbers that will automatically be sent to voicemail? Or even hung up on? All without ringing your phone.
dunmore

Postby judd » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:34 am

You could sign up for ATT SmartLimits - it is designed for managing the phones of children, but it might be useful to you in this case. It will allow you to block numbers from callingl your line. Log into your attwireless account or visit http://www.att.com/gen/sites/smartlimits?pid=8950 for more info.
judd

<

Postby amotz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:39 am

hmm, bears looking into but i'm not sure about its features for the phone unless i sign up and i'm not really looking to do that without seeing the features first. unless there's something i'm missing.
amotz

Postby drue » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:49 am

I use this feature on my daughters iphone. She had a young man from school calling CONSTANTLY and I was able to block it online so she was never bothered with it. This link may help a little more: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/parental-controls/smart-limits.jsp
drue

Postby schyler » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:54 am

Thanks for the example, but I am still hoping for something that is even easier to use. like open app, drop in number, and done. Or as an extension to the contact list, select "don't accept calls"
schyler

Postby cosgrove24 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:56 am

Unfortunately this is not a feature of the iPhone though you can set up special ringtones for specific phone numbers by adding them to your contacts list and then providing a different ringtone than your standard one. Additionally you can try calling your mobile service provider and asking them if they can block specific numbers from contacting you, something they may do if there is a restraining order or other court injunction against the offending party who is calling you.
cosgrove24

Postby kannon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 am

Yeah, I suspected it wasn't a feature. Its more about annoying phone calls than it is about restraining orders. How about an app?
kannon

Postby darrin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:03 am

If i remember correctly, you can setup blocked numbers in GoogleVoice, besides many other features. The GV acc invite takes about 2 days and is a great thing if you live in the U.S. Would Like to test GV by myself, but it's not yet available in germany. GV App was restricted from AppStore about a week ago, but rumors say it's comming back. Google is coding on a mobile web interface, too. Source(s): http://www.my friend's site.com/watch?v=AEIf_Ndwzcg http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.htm
darrin

Postby hanlon24 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 am

yeah, too bad its not working yet, eh? This would work for me, sort of - if only it weren't blocked and the mobile web interface were available.
hanlon24

Postby uriah » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:21 am

Hmm, it took me about a month to get my Google voice account. Although, it was 3 weeks ago. But if you can get a GV account. That's the way to go.
uriah

Next

Return to iPhone