<

My Iphone isn't picking up any Wifi?

Postby delman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Last week my iphone's Wifi randomly stopped working. it isn't picking up any networks, not even my home one. My mum and brothers iphone are working fine on the home network but mines isn't. I've done numerous restores and network resets but nothing seems to work?? anyone got any ideas? any help would be great.

thanks.
delman

Postby gunter » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:08 pm

It sounds stupid but make sure that your WiFi is turned on in the iPhone's settings. Also have you recently dropped your iPhone. It is possible to have messed up the iPhone's antennae and the WiFi signal receiving module. If the WiFi is not just turned off in settings, I would take it into the closest Apple Retail Store. In Apple genius (tech guy) will hook it into his computer, do some diagnostics, and tell you what the problem is. I had a problem once and it was fixed and I was in and out in ten minutes. Instead of wasting your time, they will be able to help you hassle-free. You can book the service appointment right on Apple's website.

***One tip of advice: Make sure to back-up your iPhone to iTunes before you go to the Apple Store because this will prevent any loss of data in the event that they have to restore it, send it out for repairs, give you a new phone, etc.***
gunter

<

Postby smythe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Is your Wi-Fi turned on? If it's turned on and still not working you'll need to bring it to the store you got it from. The internal antenna most likely has gone bad if it picks nothing up while it's turned on.
smythe

Postby filmarr27 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi , That's happened to me before but not as serious as you put yours. When it happened to me all i did was turn my iPhone off then back on and it worked perfectly. Hope you find what your looking for :]
filmarr27

Postby adolfo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Your iphone has the ability to turn wifi reception on and off, just like blue tooth.
adolfo

Postby orren68 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:25 pm

i wish i knew..
orren68

Return to iPhone