<

Iphone 4 randomly shut down?

Postby fiance » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:13 am

I've had my Iphone 4 since about November and have had no major problems to date. Earlier this morning I was listening to the music on my phone as well as texting, and suddenly it shut off. I tried the center button and the power button, but neither made it come alive. I plugged it into a power source and that didn't work either. I tried holding the center and power button to reset it, and again it didn't work. Can anybody help?
fiance

Postby dugan15 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:22 am

A few things could have happened. Usually its just a temporary thing if it shuts off in the middle of something. It could be that the proccessor over-heated, and forced a cooldown, which won't let you turn your phone off until its cooled down. Or it could've killed the proccessor, which will cost about $150 to replace. Or the battery could have either of the problems that the proccessor did. And will cost about $50 to replace.
dugan15

<

Postby chokichi » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am

Well if it is jailbroken, then that may be what has caused the problem and your warranty is void because it is jailbroken so apple won't help you. However if it is not jailbroken, take it straight to your nearest apple store and tell them what has happened. If they can't fix it then you may be given a new iPhone. And before you do that, then you could try holding the power and home button for 10 seconds and then release the power button but keep holding the home button for 15 seconds. If this doesnt work, then take it to apple. And as i said if you have jailbroken it, then you are in deep s**t because apple will not help you.
chokichi

Postby duff86 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:39 am

I would take it to the Apple Store, especially if its still under warrantee
duff86

Return to iPhone