<

IPhone 3 running out of battery quickly?

Postby fateh43 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:37 am

I don't use my iphone that much just usual i play a couple games (maybe 45 minutes the most i play?) and i do have the screen brightness all the way i am not sure if that is a problem but my iphone has been running out of batteries quickly and i charge everyday too please tell me the cause of the problem and answer thank you :)
fateh43

Postby delmore » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:50 am

If you use it to browse the internet as well as play games, it will drain your battery.

But you can try to:

• Turn screen brightness all the way down.
• Turn off push notifications.
• Turn off any apps running in the background. (Double tap home button)
• Updating the software/firmware through iTunes.
• Charging and recharging in full cycles.
• Removing any unused applications/movies/songs/pictures.
• Reverting your iPhone to factory settings if you jailbreaked it. (The reason for this would be that since jailbreaking your iPhone gives you options not available through factory settings, it also by giving you more options uses more power because the software/firmware is not meant to do what you are doing.)
delmore

<

Postby edin87 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:51 am

the batteries will do that if you don't cycle them properly, meaning, you have to let the battery die completely and recharge it to 100% (2-4 hrs) without unplugging it at least once a month. Also, if you leave it on the charger longer than 4 hours, that messes the battery up too. You'll have to get it replaced if you want it to work right.
edin87

Postby elliston » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:02 am

Not all Battery's are made Perfect. But You do have to Fully Charge, And Fully drain it. If it is a fairly new battery, Then I would take it back to the retailer and switch it out. It might have Bad Cells in it that causes it to not hold a Good Charge.
elliston

Postby colin69 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:11 am

do not charge it if it doesnt need to be charged. keep the backlight on low and when you are not using it, keep the backlight off or keep the phone turned off
hope this helps you out :)
colin69

Return to iPhone