<

My iPhone 4S says "SIM not provisioned."?

Postby sherbourn » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 pm

For my birthday, my parents got me the new iPhone 4S. I just got it in the mail today (November 14). When I opened it, I turned on the phone and activated it. Everything went well and it worked, but after it was activated and synced with my computer, it said I had no service on the phone. There is a SIM card that came with the phone and was already in it. I checked out the settings and discovered that it says, "SIM not provisioned." What does this mean and how can I fix it? I would preferably like to fix it without having to take it into the store.

If it matters, my old iPhone I was using (iPhone 3GS) still works just fine and still has service. I would assume that my old phone should have been deactivated when I activated my new phone, but it hasn't. I'm not sure if that is relevant to my problem.

Also, I can still connect to a wifi network on the new phone.

Thanks in advance!! =)
sherbourn

Postby woodley » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:33 pm

For my birthday, my parents got me the new iPhone 4S. I just got it in the mail today (November 14). When I opened it, I turned on the phone and activated it. Everything went well and it worked, but after it was activated and synced with my computer, it said I had no service on the phone. There is a SIM card that came with the phone and was already in it. I checked out the settings and discovered that it says, "SIM not provisioned." What does this mean and how can I fix it? I would preferably like to fix it without having to take it into the store.

If it matters, my old iPhone I was using (iPhone 3GS) still works just fine and still has service. I would assume that my old phone should have been deactivated when I activated my new phone, but it hasn't. I'm not sure if that is relevant to my problem.

Thanks in advance!! =)
Got to the shop man and have it checked out. It's a delicate piece of tech and there are many reasons that could be causing this. But to be safest and sure just take it to the real support. It wouldn't hurt to help it :D like EEK the cat says :D
woodley

<

Postby delano » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks in advance!! =)
Got to the shop man and have it checked out. It's a delicate piece of tech and there are many reasons that could be causing this. But to be safest and sure just take it to the real support. It wouldn't hurt to help it :D like EEK the cat says :D
First of all, did you buy it new and is it on contract?

You could try another sim card in it which is on the same network.
I have heard of people needing to activate their sims to get them working on smartphones so have a google search and see if you can find info on your network.

If it don't work, it could be blocked by IMEI (If you got it second hand), and it basically means that it cannot be used in the United Kingdom.

EDIT: I'd suggest you take it to the apple shop if you can or go to AT&T, either one of them might be able to activate or replace it (If they see it as faulty)
delano

Return to iPhone