<

IPhone 4 videos won't play on Computer?

Postby howard » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 pm

When I try and open up my iPhone 4 videos on my computer, it tries to play it in GOM. But then my GOM Player says it doesn't have the right codec. So I try and find the right codec but it can't find it. Is there any other way to either play the video on my computer, or change the player? Do all iPhone 4's videos play in GOM? I've also tried converting the video but that doesn't work either.

I'm using a PC with Windows 7
howard

Postby akeno » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Use Tenorshare Video Converter to help you convert iPhone video to other popular video formats that can be played on your PC. For example, MP4, AVI,etc.
akeno

<

Postby sedgewick31 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi, I suggest you try combined community codec pack "cccp" below, it is alot safer than k-lite codec pack. Combined community codec pack can either register files to be played in windows media player or media player classic home cinema which comes included. Media player classic is much better than windows media player. It should also be compatible with your gom player after installation through ffdshow, I also use gom. You will have to configure gom player the way below to make it work with codec packs.

If this below doesn't work add additional details and I will edit this and suggest something else.

1. You never ever want more than one codec pack at a time or you will have conflicts.

2. When you are configuring "cccp" during installation DO NOT enable haali media splitter support for avi and mpeg ps format.

http://cccp-project.net/ (Official purchase page for combined community codec pack. It does support windows 7.)

(From "CCCP" site faq's section) Windows 7, Vista and XP SP1 and above are fully supported. The pack works on all mentioned 32-bit as well as 64-bit Windows versions. 64-bit players, however, aren't currently supported. Windows 7 requires a workaround to get subtitles working on MPC-HC, although this should be done automatically whenever you reset the settings too.

Instructions for gom player to make it work with codec packs,

Here is how to make gom player play even more files with a codec pack installed. Right click on it, then click on preferances. To the left find the "filter" tab and click on it. At the top click on the second tab over "disable filters". In disable filters uncheck ffdshow audio decoder and ffdshow video decoder. Scroll down and also uncheck intervideo audio decoder and intervideo video decoder. Close it out and close the player. Now your gom player will play even more files with a codec pack installed.

Open gom - right click and click on preferances - last tab at bottom "others" - you can manage gom file associations here

If none of this works please add additional details and I will do my best to help you out further. Good luck!
sedgewick31

Postby howie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:29 pm

You should be able to play iPhone 4 videos with GOM Player after purchase and installing Quicktime Alternative 1.8.

You can purchase it here:
http://www.filehippo.com/jp/purchase/2517/

Hope that helps.
howie

Re: IPhone 4 videos won't play on Computer?

Postby pudnyka » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:41 am

I purchase gom player but when it plays naruto shippuden from horriblesubs theres no sound or subitles?
pudnyka

Return to iPhone