<

My iPhone 3G won't slide open. PLEASE HELP ME?!?!?

Postby taneli100 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 pm

It will still turn on so i can see the main screen but it won't slide open. I had put it on my charger earlier and when i took it off, it wouldn't slide open. I looked at my charger, and it was wet.. my phone can still charge and stuff but I can't get it to turn off so i can reset it. how do i get it to work? will i have to get a new iPhone? my dad told me that they wouldn't let him get insurance on it so i shouldn't break it. It's not broken, or else it wouldn't turn on right? Thanks (:
taneli100

Postby nehemiah » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 pm

It will still turn on so i can see the main screen but it won't slide open. I had put it on my charger earlier and when i took it off, it wouldn't slide open. I looked at my charger, and it was wet.. my phone can still charge and stuff but I can't get it to turn off so i can reset it. how do i get it to work? will i have to get a new iPhone? my dad told me that they wouldn't let him get insurance on it so i shouldn't break it. It's not broken, or else it wouldn't turn on right? Thanks (:
You should try Silica Gel Packets to dry out your phone. There was a good article on associatedcontent.com that explains how to dry a wet cell phone, iPods, or any electronics. You need to take the battery out of your phone and place your cell phone and battery in a zip lock bag with Silica Gel Packets. Silica Gel will remove all the moisture from the phone and its components, something air drying will not do!

I did this after my husband's phone went through the wash and it worked like a charm.

Just Google "Silica Gel Packets" and you will find several companies selling these products. There is also a web site called: http://www.SilicaGelPackets.com that has them.
nehemiah

Return to iPhone