<

My iphone wont let me slide to unlock. Why?

Postby aisley7 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:37 am

you know how you have to slide to unlock your iphone so you can make calls or play aps etc. it wont let me do that. Its completly charged and was working fine for a minute then it just wouldnt let me do anything.anytime i try to unlock it, it does nothing. its like the touchscreen isnt undrstanding i want to o stuff on it(i.e. it isnt reading it) How do i fix this?
aisley7

Postby salvino » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:42 am

My phone has done this a few times. Try resetting it or powering it off and it should work. To power off just hold down the button on the top for a few seconds and a slider will appear at the top to turn it off. If it wont let you slide that one either, hold the top button and the home button down together until you see an apple appear, then let go. Let your phone boot back up and should be just fine.
salvino

<

Postby adonia » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:43 am

lol, np, glad it worked for you.
adonia

Postby pearce55 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:44 am

hmm call technical ssupport do not mess with it i learned that the hard way
pearce55

Re: My iphone wont let me slide to unlock. Why?

Postby williamzwit » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:00 pm

The touch screen has some bad pixels on the edge so the rows and columns for location on the touch screen are shorted. A replacement touch screen would fix it. It is the same thing on your LCD TV screens. The super small pixels on your TV depend on a row and column circuit to be connected into the video on the main board. If that circuit to the pixels is open or shorted, no location can be found for the color or brightness of those small pixels. There are many pixels for a IPhone touch screen as well as a TV picture.
williamzwit

Return to iPhone