<

Keeps Saying 'Cannot Verify Server Identity' on Safari On my iPhone..Help 10Pts?

Keeps Saying 'Cannot Verify Server Identity' on Safari On my iPhone..Help 10Pts?

Postby lucky » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:07 am

It keeps saying 'Cannot verify server identity..Safari cannot verify the identity of Facebook.com. Would you like to continue?'
And has cancel, continue and details button. I keep hitting "accept and continue" but it still KEEPS popping up everytime Im on Facebook login page. I think I might have accidently tapped somewhere on the phone screen when I was on the Facebook login page. What should I do so it wont gonna appear again?? This is very annoying me.
lucky

Postby hen » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:11 am

I'm having the same problem on my iPad. I've looked around online, and it looks like many people are having the problem. They say it works on other browsers so I'm thinking it's a safari issue.

--I've deleted my cache, history, and cookies, and the warning came back.
hen

<

Postby bealantin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:15 am

I'm having the same problem on my iPad. I've looked around online, and it looks like many people are having the problem. They say it works on other browsers so I'm thinking it's a safari issue.

--I've deleted my cache, history, and cookies, and the warning came back.
Sounds like a Facebook.com Certificate error........... clear your cookies/cache on Safari... powercycle phone... and retry facebook... should work after that... if not, then either Facebook's iphone APN is buggin... or your Safari is buggin on ya! ONe way to determine this is if another iphone customer cant access facebook.com... if so, then its a facebook issue... if he can and you still cannot, then its your safari buggin.... call Apple
bealantin

Postby gerald » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:21 am

The message suggests you have setup email on your iPhone as well as imap.xxx is a email server. The message basically means that it can't verify the certificate of that server and warning you about it. If you know that is the correct server and the address hasn't been spoofed, you can ignore.
gerald

Postby selig47 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:42 am

Just use the app. Restart your iPhone maybe it's some connectivity issues. Or if your on wifi make it forget the network and just reconnect to it.
selig47

Return to iPhone