<

Laptop connects to wireless router, but won't connect to Internet.?

Postby hekli » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 pm

I just bought a Belkin Play Max wireless router today, and it works great! I connected my iPhone, Wii, PS3 and Zune to it and the internet goes pretty fast, compared to my other LinkSys WRT56G router. Now what I don't understand is that I can connect to all those different systems and have great internet, but when I connect to my laptop, I enter my password, and hit okay, and it says connecting... Then it says its connected! But when I open Google Chrome and go to Google, it says "Page cannot be displayed". And it does the same thing on Internet Explorer! If I plug in my long ethernet cable to the back of my new router, and then stretch it halfway through our house, and plug it into my laptop, the internet work! This is great but my Dad doesn't want a giant wire going through the house, so he said to fix it or just have no internet.... And I need my laptop to have internet for school purposes! So if anyone knows what I can do to fix this, please help. And by the way, my laptop is a HP Pavillion dv8000, for anyone who needs to know.
hekli

Postby aarman10 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:02 pm

http://www.home-network-help.com/set-ip.html

check above on page exept chose the wireless connection instead of local area connection and then scroll down on the web page until it says (IP Assigned by DHCP server) and check that that is set to automatic and it should work. or search google and depending on what windows u have search (windows ''x'' configure ip address automaticly
aarman10

<

Postby sasson » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Check your router configuration

Go to Run
type CMD hit enter
then type again ipconfig/all
sasson

Postby thor » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 pm

open your browser and type in ''google'' in the search and press enter key
thor

Return to iPhone