<

I lost my iPhone 4s? Can Verizon track it while it's off?

Postby eldrick26 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Can verizon track my device while it's off. Can the police be involved with this?!
eldrick26

Postby berford53 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Can verizon track my device while it's off. Can the police be involved with this?!
You should of had to register for the "Find my iPhone" app when you first got your iPhone 4s. Go to iCloud.com and you should be able to track its location. On or Off. You can get the police involved, Apple advises that you do that if needed. And hopefully you don't have a simple pass-code.

BUT if you refused to let allow your iPhone 4s to send out its "Location" coordinates in your settings, then your iPhone wont be located.
berford53

<

Postby northwode69 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 pm

well verizon or the police cant track it if its not setup if u set up find my iphone then no it cant be tracked when it off just like a tv cant be turn on if it has no power if u have it set up for find my iphone then go to me.com log in and go to icould and log in again and then that way u can send a request to lock it if it isent all ready send a message track it and locate it this will send a request then when the iphone is turned on it will be locked or wiped so on good luck
northwode69

Postby proinsias43 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:59 pm

If the phone is off then no. It can not be tracked. For the tracking to work you need to have the power on so it can talk to a cell tower and/or the GPS Satellite network.
proinsias43

Return to iPhone