<

Is it normal for your boyfriend to lock his phone?

Postby winslowe » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:20 pm

My boyfriend has an iPhone and he locks it with a passcode. We've been dating for 5 months now and he never told me once his password. Is that normal for a boyfriend to hide his phone from me?
winslowe

Postby aluin » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:08 pm

My boyfriend's iphone is also locked and we've been together 5 months, I can't remember how, but I asked him why it was locked and what the password was (to play on a game or something). In his case it's mainly to stop other people going on it, (would you really want his friends seeing texts you'd sent him) but it is worth bringing it up casually, don't make it sound like you're accusing him though.
Good luck.
aluin

<

Postby steffon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:30 am

Frankly, I think you're reading too much into why he's locking his phone. He could be locking it so that, if someone else steals it, they cannot use it, or he could be locking it because there are parts of his life that he wants to keep to himself.

Not meaning to be insulting or aggravating here, but it's his iPhone...it's entirely his business whether he locks it or not, and whether he gives you his password or not. I'm willing to bet if the shoe was on the other foot, he'd hardly bat an eyelash at the idea that you hadn't given him your iPhone's password, or that you were locking it.
steffon

Postby steele84 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 am

I wouldn't get too stressed, there are loads of perfectly good explanations. Just casually mention it to him - maybe you need to send a text and don't have your phone - and if he won't tell you make it into a joke, by saying something like 'oooh, something secret' or something in a jokey way. If he gets defensive then you can worry :)

FX
steele84

Postby hereweald46 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:33 pm

I have a passcode on my iphone as well but because I don't want people to be able to access any of my information if I were to ever lose my phone. I also have never told my boyfriend of 6 months my password because he has never asked. He trusts me so he doesn't really care.
hereweald46

Postby norvin3 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:19 am

yes he is hiding his personal stuff
has he not a right to do that?
you are 2 individuals not man and wife
you have secrets from him he doesnt know about
.... men are simpler lock your phone and see if he changes his mind
norvin3

Postby woodward » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:30 am

It Is Normal . An iPhone . isn't a flip phone ... So He locked it . To keep Himself From Butt Dialing ( His phone is in his back Pocket and it Dials out ]
woodward

Postby galtem28 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:21 am

It Is Normal . An iPhone . isn't a flip phone ... So He locked it . To keep Himself From Butt Dialing ( His phone is in his back Pocket and it Dials out ]
He is hiding something
galtem28

Postby jeremy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Ehhhhh he might have stuff on there girl..
jeremy

Postby cheche86 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:31 pm

My boyfriend has an iPhone and he locks it with a passcode. We've been dating for 5 months now and he never told me once his password. Is that normal for a boyfriend to hide his phone from me?
cheche86

Return to iPhone