<

My phone just got stolen!! Can I track it somehow?

Postby kemp49 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 am

Last night my iPhone got stolen at a small party.. There were like 5 of us and I have narrowed it down to two suspects but I don't want to blame the wrong person and start **** that doesn't need to be started. The phone is still on so is there a way I can trace it? I don't have any apps that have a gps tracker and no insurance so Verizon won't trace it... Is there an online site where I can trace my phone? I tried looking online for hours and I can't find anything
kemp49

Postby nechemya69 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:43 am

I don't know if tracking is possible... but here's what I suggest:

- Relax, the same thing happened to me before.
- Retrace your steps.
- Maybe if the phone was on, call from your house phone to that phone. If somebody picks up, ask them who it is.
- Recall some places you've been, like that small party you were at. Call back the owner of that place.
- Maybe you dropped it, instead of somebody else stealing it.
- Anything else should be further discussed with the person responsible, your parents (if your a kid), or Verizon.

Also to make sure nobody is using calls on your phone right now (just to save you some money), call Verizon or whatever phone company you got it from, and have them close the phone to prevent any further calls. Then when you reacquire it, you can open it again.
nechemya69

<

Postby urquhart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:55 am

- Retrace your steps.
- Maybe if the phone was on, call from your house phone to that phone. If somebody picks up, ask them who it is.
- Recall some places you've been, like that small party you were at. Call back the owner of that place.
- Anything else should be further discussed with the person responsible, your parents (if your a kid), or Verizon.

Also to make sure nobody is using calls on your phone right now (just to save you some money), call Verizon or whatever phone company you got it from, and have them close the phone to prevent any further calls. Then when you reacquire it, you can open it again.
just ask them, say to them 'my phone was stolen the other night, i was wondering where you saw it last, did it coincidently get in your bag or something.?'
and if that doesn't work go to the phone company you got it from and shut your phone network down so they can't access anything.
urquhart

Postby hand16 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 am

- Retrace your steps.

just ask them, say to them 'my phone was stolen the other night, i was wondering where you saw it last, did it coincidently get in your bag or something.?'
and if that doesn't work go to the phone company you got it from and shut your phone network down so they can't access anything.
Ok, make sure that you didn't lose it first. There are so many people blaming other people for stuff that they lost....

I don't think there is an online site. Why dont you just ring the phone when you are near your two suspects... could work
hand16

Postby camedyr » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:00 am

Without tracker apps there's really no way to trace the lost phone. Since it is still on you can try calling it and hope that someone answers.
camedyr

Postby oded » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:05 am

I dunno try calling it with somebodys phone then say its the cops and say theyre going to arrest anybody who steals iphones from now on haha!
oded

Postby alister98 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:18 am

purchase the phone tracker app...oh wait
alister98

Return to iPhone