<

Tell me about Android phones?

Postby ullok84 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:45 am

I've only just heard of these. I know it's a smartphone and people are a bit divided as whether it's better than iPhone or not. Can someone tell me what Android IS? eg, Apple iPhones are apps, internet and simplicity. So what's android? If that makes sense. Thanks!
ullok84

Postby jocelyn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:54 am

I've only just heard of these. I know it's a smartphone and people are a bit divided as whether it's better than iPhone or not. Can someone tell me what Android IS? eg, Apple iPhones are apps, internet and simplicity. So what's android? If that makes sense. Thanks!
"Android" is the type of operating system that the phone uses. It's like how Macs use a different system than Microsoft, which uses Windows. The operating systems are different which allows different things to be found on each. For example, if you bought a Macbook, many of them would not have Microsoft Word on it, because that's a Windows thing. Verizon named most of their phones that run Android "Droids", so it's easy to tell which phone is running that operating system. There are some phones that are not called droids, but they run android (like the HTC Evo 4g).

Droids have apps, internet, and the basics could be somewhat simplicist. I would prefer an android phone of the iPhone

Hope I have helped.
jocelyn

Return to iPhone