<

Is there any advantage of buying an iPhone outright full price without a plan or carrier, first?

Is there any advantage of buying an iPhone outright full price without a plan or carrier, first?

Postby jayme18 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 am

I bought an iPhone for $280 for my son. AT&T offered some deals on the same phone that if I signed up with them for 2 years, I could get the same phone or even better for only $20 or something ridiculously low. However, when I applied, they ended up asking me for a $1000 deposit!! Someone told me that is probably because I didn't pay an old AT&T home phone bill or something in my past sometime. So, now my son has his iPhone but of course he wants a phone number and for it to work!! I don't know however what to do to get it hooked up to a service plan, who to go to, or how to avoid having to pay a large deposit. Also, are AT&T and Verizon the only companies that you can use an iPhone you bought privately?

Lastly, why would anyone buy an iPhone for full price when AT&T offers these deals? How would anyone use their iPhone without having to sign up for AT&T or Verizon?
jayme18

Postby brenn31 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 am

I would say no - you should buy an iPod Touch and wait and save up if you want an iPhone.
brenn31

Return to iPhone