<

This accessory is not supported by iPhone?

Postby eaman10 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:54 pm

So, I recently purchased an iHome iA63 model. It would normally play all my music from it, but now it only charges. Everytime I plug it into the dock, it says "This accessory is not supported by iPhone". I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5, completely updated and everything. I've tried restarting my phone, unplugging the iHome and everything. Best awnser gets 10 points?
eaman10

Postby anntoin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:57 pm

I have the same problem with an iHome iP23 alarm clock radio I just got from CostCo. I have two iPod touches, both 3G. One has iOS 4 (works), the other just got upgraded to iOS 5.0.1. The iOS 5 iPod has the same problem that you describe...I haven't found a solution yet...

Okay (next day) it kinda works now. I found some help at this link (below), which basically said to spray perfume in the iPhone's connector-hole and scrub the contacts with a toothbrush. I don't like perfume, so I used rubbing alcohol poured on the toothbrush instead. The first time it didn't work, so then I used more alcohol and scrubbed really hard. Then I wiggled the iPod back and forth a bit on the iHome device to try and scrape the contacts a bit more. Then it worked! Music came out of the iPhone speakers. Then it was hit or miss for a while i.e. sometimes I'd plug it in and it'd work and then sometimes it gives the "accessory not supported" error and I have to wiggle it until it works. But it seems to be getting better over time, as the contacts I guess get cleaner from multiple insertions and removals. Good luck!

http://iphonehelp.in/2010/11/12/fixing-charging-is-not-supported-with-this-accessory-always-on-earphone-on-iphone/
anntoin

Return to iPhone