<

Is it true that low income or food stamp recipients can apply for a real iphone from the U.S. government?

Is it true that low income or food stamp recipients can apply for a real iphone from the U.S. government?

Postby kang44 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Just wondered, I am middle class and I can't afford one.
kang44

Postby kolten » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Just wondered, I am middle class and I can't afford one.
No,landline discount only.
kolten

<

Postby brod » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:23 pm

I would hope not but the way Obama runs things, who knows! It seems like people who are habitual screwups get more handouts than people trying to make an honest living in this country.

And there's a very noticeable pattern with these kind of people--they usually buy things they can't afford to pay maintenance on because the price is cheap or it is just handed to them. I can't tell you how many people I get calls from a day screaming at me to lower their cell phone bill who have unlimited talk + text and smart phones (which add extra money for data).

Before I worked for a cell phone company and it became necessary for my job to have a smartphone, I was on the bare minimum calling plan rocking a flip phone! These people are pathetic and in denial about their situation. That's why they will never change and feel like they deserve much more than they are even worth. That's also why welfare programs don't work. They reward people for being irresponsible and stupid.
brod

Postby beorhttun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Not an iphone.
There is a program that provides cell phones to low income people. It is a basic cell phone that probably cost around 20 bucks. They are given a certain amount of minutes per month. Use to be 60 minutes but I heard it recently went up to 250 minutes,not sure if that's true.
beorhttun

Postby pranit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Some folks can qualify for a real phone, but it's my understanding it's for emergencies ONLY...
No iphones I don't think...see link.
pranit

Return to iPhone