<

My unlocked, jailbroken iPhone 3g cannot connect to any wifi network...?

Postby suthfeld » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:31 am

I've had this problem before, but then it was fixed. Yesterday, my phone suddenly couldn't connect to the internet, and so it's been very frustrating. Btw, I did not install any apps, upgrade any apps, or drop my phone before it stopped connecting to wifi networks.

My phone cannot connect to my home wifi (unless it is less than 30cm away from the modem antenna), and it cannot connect to other public wifi networks (that I have used successfully before).
suthfeld

Postby bayarde37 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:32 am

Maybe restore and try limera1n, blackra1n, depending on your firmware, or just restart your phone
bayarde37

<

Postby starr73 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:37 am

Sometimes the wifi is affected by the jailbreak, it has happened to me a couple of times you can try a couple things. First go to settings, and reset just your network settings. If that fails then a restore will work. You will have to jailbreak and unlock again, but as long as you do a restore & NOT update you should be fine.
starr73

Postby goddard24 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:49 am

Sometimes the wifi is affected by the jailbreak, it has happened to me a couple of times you can try a couple things. First go to settings, and reset just your network settings. If that fails then a restore will work. You will have to jailbreak and unlock again, but as long as you do a restore & NOT update you should be fine.
go onto my friend's site and find a different jailbreak & unlock. different jailbreaks have different errors (like loss of wi-fi) :) hope this helped
goddard24

Return to iPhone