<

What does refurbished mean and Does it matter?

Postby barris » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Im thinking of buying a refurbished phone as an Original would be too much for me to afford. What does refurbished mean and does it matter? Does refurbished mean the phone is second hand and does a phone being refurbished make any less of the type of phone. For example if i bought a refurbished iphone would it be any diffrent to any other iphone?
barris

Postby girvyn58 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Hello. My name is Paul and I will try to answer your question. Refurbished means that for whatever reason the phone was returned ( usually because it was not operating correctly ), and the manufacturer rebuilt the phone to work properly. It is just like buying a new phone, but it has been repaired to like new status. They test the phone before repackaging it and offering it for sale. I have purchased refurbished items and never had a problem with them. You will get a better price also!

Hope this helps..
girvyn58

<

Postby azuriah70 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Basically it has been used but has been checked out to make sure everything is still to factory specifications. It all depends on how far it has been "checked". There are point systems that they usually follow. The higher the point system, the better the product can be even though it has been used. It can range from a 10 point system to a 100 point system. What you need to check is if it has been certified. This means the items is in a "like new" condition.

I have seen friends purchased refurbished iphones for way cheap and none of them had any problems with it. You get what you pay for and then some. :)
azuriah70

Return to iPhone