<

What to do if I dropped my Iphone in soup?????(Soup as in mushroom soup?)?

Postby kai68 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:31 pm

It was in the soup for a few seconds before I hurriedly got it out of the soup.
kai68

Postby lucan36 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:35 pm

atlast i got someone like me who dropped the phone is soup....i dropped it in tomato soup........hahha...anyways gravy must have got into the charging hole as its diameter is quite ok to let soup into in..switch it off...open it(if u can) and then wipe it with a fine cloth or tissue..make sure u dnt do it quite hard as it will leave the fine course of the cloth...................................… to keep it in front of the heater to dry it...i hope it works...if still it doesnt..tke it to the engineer buddy...
lucan36

<

Postby brys56 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:44 pm

1) Turn it off immediately (hold the Sleep/Wake button until red slider appears)
2) Wipe it dry and especially try to get all the soup out of the ports (the charger port and the audio port on top)
3) Leave it to dry for at least 24 hours BEFORE trying to turn it back on.

If you try to use it with any moisture in the electronics you stand a very good chance of shorting something out and ruining your phone. Thankfully, the iPhone has very few places for liquid to seep into the device, so your chances are good that it will be fine. Good luck!
brys56

Postby darrel76 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:46 pm

mushroom soup is quit thick, so it shouldnt have gotten into the phone.

try using some tissue paper, roll/screw up the edges of the tissue paper and stick them into the gaps to wick up any residual soup that is left.

if you have any microfiber cloth's use them over the phone and sides (pay attention to the seams or joins) to clean everything off.

as long as the soup hasnt gotten inside, it should be fine, if it has, i'd take it to a phone shop to get it clean and dryed out.

Edit_

the only thing you could do is clean out the chareging socket, but it's going to be quite difficult to get everything out. and it will probably short out your phone or charger when you start to charge it. i suggest you get it cleaned from a phone shop.

the only way i can think of is to use something like a needle or match stick, fold up some tissue paper and use the needle to push it into the gaps to clean out any residue.

but since it's not water, there will still be some left, and this could either currode the connectors over time or short out the phone completly when you charge it.
darrel76

Postby valiant » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm

I dropped my phone in the water b4 and i was soooo mad but this is what i did get some rice and cover your phone in rice. Why you ask. Because rice soaks up liquids. Hope this helps because i was mad when i dropped my phone in water so i know how u feel
valiant

Postby ronaldo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 pm

iPhones are fairly well sealed, and soups a bitto thick to get in most places, just give it a wipe down. Use a cotton bud to clear the soup out of the microphone.
ronaldo

Postby aram93 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:07 pm

iPhones are fairly well sealed, and soups a bitto thick to get in most places, just give it a wipe down. Use a cotton bud to clear the soup out of the microphone.
wipe it down with a damp cloth. And then just leave it to dry off... oh, maybe try taking the back off to let the air get to it.
aram93

Return to iPhone