<

What exactly does this mean "Unlimited data - 200 MB of high-speed data included"?

What exactly does this mean "Unlimited data - 200 MB of high-speed data included"?

Postby churchill » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:02 pm

I just bought an iPhone and I don't really want to use web on it that much, mostly just Wi-Fi.
I want to buy the smallest data service possible and that is: Unlimited data - 200 MB of high-speed data included.
I'm not quite sure what that means... is 200 MB how much data I can use, or the speed of the internet I will get?

Thanks!
Aplogize for my ignorance... :/
churchill

Postby shilo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:11 pm

I just bought an iPhone and I don't really want to use web on it that much, mostly just Wi-Fi.
I want to buy the smallest data service possible and that is: Unlimited data - 200 MB of high-speed data included.
I'm not quite sure what that means... is 200 MB how much data I can use, or the speed of the internet I will get?

Thanks!
Aplogize for my ignorance... :/
As far as your phone is concerned, DATA is THE INTERNET.

Cell tower internet access ....WEB = DATA = Internet access, Email, Facebook, MySpace, web browsing, Google searches, watching my friend's site videos and Yahoo Answers. (all of these use the internet which means data usage), can be used anywhere you have cell tower access to data and voice, car, walking around the city, at home, at work, at school.

WIFI access to the internet is also DATA, but not charged to your account. And you can do all of the above using Wifi, only disadvantage is you are forced to use it ONLY where there is open WiFi, or Wifi access that you have the pass-codes to access it.

If confused as to what you would be paying for, best to ask the cell carrier directly the same thing you have asked here. As it sounds like you are leaving something out of the plan that you are reading, or mixing more two plans together.

If I think you are say is you have unlimited Wifi Data and 200MB of data per month (which is not unlimited).
shilo

Return to iPhone