<

What happens when the police take your phone for evidence?

Postby brandin46 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:41 am

Well they took my iphone for evidence of intent to sell weed but there is a pass code on it. My court days coming up, what's going to happen? There isn't any evidence of that but there is evidence that my friend sold it to me, are they going to try and go after him even after the court date?? any info is appreciated thanks.
brandin46

Postby tremain97 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:50 am

Well they took my iphone for evidence of intent to sell weed but there is a pass code on it. My court days coming up, what's going to happen? There isn't any evidence of that but there is evidence that my friend sold it to me, are they going to try and go after him even after the court date?? any info is appreciated thanks.
odds are you won't get your phone back - at least and until the case is concluded. You should mention this to your attorney; he can work to get it back from you. Also, they aren't going to need the PASS CODE to get into it - they will employ some sort of analysis software, which will get them around it. That being said, unless you were selling a semi load of weed ... these things are expensive to do ... i seriously doubt they'll take the time and/or the effort to get into your phone. All cases do not play out like they do on CSI. Make sure to request your phone back at the 1st hearing. The sooner you ask, the sooner you'll (maybe) get it back.
tremain97

<

Postby tripper32 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:53 am

A pass code is not needed; law enforcement can circumvent it using available technology. The will mainly look for incriminating text messages. Any and all parties concerned will be prosecuted.
tripper32

Return to iPhone