<

What do i need to know.. I want to build IPhone/IPad Apps?

Postby glynn62 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:39 am

I have a windows xp computer and have access to a vista computer if needed.. I have built a few web sites that were quite nice (using cheep and easy "yahoo site-builder") I need to know software needed and steps to bee taken.. if i need to register with a company etc. Thanks
glynn62

Postby adiran » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:40 am

First, you need a Mac. You MUST have a Mac. Then you purchase the iOS software development kit (SDK) for real. The SDK *only* works on Mac:

http://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

There are lots of tutorials and videos on that same page to help you get started. Once your app is ready, it costs $99/year for Apple to publish your app in the App Store.
adiran

<

Postby wyth » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:51 am

A mac.
The app software they sell.

With those two things you could make a very, very basic app, like one of those weird facts apps. Those are pretty simple because the app software is actually very helpful. You can make other pages and each app is just another page, so that's a simple app.

If you want to make a more complex app like angry birds or tiny wings you will need knowledge of C+/C++ coding. I suggest you take a few courses somewhere to learn coding, if not buy some books on it and surf the web to teach yourself which would be harder. There are lots of websites that will teach you from scratch, but if you have the chance to take a class on it do so, it will be much easier and more helpful.

After you make an app and you plan on selling it, you will need to send it to apple for approval and if they approve they will give you the licensing to have it on their app store.
wyth

Postby cadwalader65 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:55 am

Well... first, you're going to need a Mac. You're going to have a tough time developing on a Windows machine of any kind.

You'll then need to acquire a developer's license from Apple and the SDK for iPhone and iPad (which only runs on a Mac, so again, you Windows machine is useless). You'll also need to learn objective C, because there are no "app-builders" out there for people who don't actually know how to program.

If you only have access to Windows, I suggest you try developing for Android instead. You can do that on Window or a Mac.
cadwalader65

Postby trevan93 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:03 am

Apple Inc & Facebook mega event. 1 real iPad for each attender. Ends in 9 minutes!

http://on.fb.me/fJAugS
trevan93

Postby deorward » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:10 am

An Apple Mac
An Apple Developer Licence
Knowledge of Objective-C
deorward

Return to iPhone