<

What prepaid companies work with the iPhone?

Postby weston27 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Im thinking of getting an unlocked iPhone but I want it to be on a prepaid phone company. Does anyone know any prepaid companies that work with the iphone?
weston27

Postby barr » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:21 pm

yes you can use it by unlocking ur iphone.
barr

<

Postby darin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:24 pm

The iPhone GSM (any model) can work easily on AT&T's gophone services as well as T-Mobile's but with T-Mobile you will only be able to use edge. It will work for Boost mobie as well (which is prepaid GSM) and yes the iphone does work on that carrier. This requires an unlock BTW. As for the iPhone 4 CDMA you can have it on Cricket, MetroPieceofCrapService, and Sprint. This requires a flash unlock which is more complicated because you ahev to edit the phone's internal files and set the APN and other setting to that specific carrier. Keep in mind that CDMA version, if unlocked, will only allow you to use text, sms, and phone. The data will not as it is still being figured out by the Dev-team. Good luck :)
darin

Postby camshron » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Officially, the iPhone only works with AT&T and Verizon, and there are no prepaid plans for the iPhone with either wireless service. If you jailbreak and unlock the iPhone through unofficial (but not illegal) methods, you can get the iPhone to at least make/receive calls on a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card, but it isn't official and unlocking can pose a risk to the iPhone if you don't do it properly.
camshron

Postby patrido55 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Nope. But you can unlock it.
That's what I am using. I have an unlocked iPhone and use a tmobile sim card. The cool thing about unlock is that I got installous. Which u can get apps for real! Buy one that's already unlock
patrido55

Postby rthe33 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Sorry man there are only two companies ( In america at least) that work with the iphone, Verizon and ATAT.
rthe33

Return to iPhone