<

What will happen when I restore my iPhone?

Postby lorin » Mon May 23, 2011 9:30 am

Apple told me I needed to restore my iPhone and I was wondering what will happen when I do so. Will all my photos be deleted? Will all my files be put back after automatically? Please give me details! Thankyou!
lorin

Postby gaukroger96 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 am

The photos should stay on the phone but you will need to reinstall all the apps. If you have backup-ed your phone or at least synced it you should have all the apps on your computer.
gaukroger96

<

Postby johnson » Mon May 23, 2011 9:42 am

The data will only be set to factory settings and everything cleared if you didn't sync with it and NOT restore it as a new device. Say you had 100 pics on may 1st you synced it and it saved on the comp. A week later you have 125 pics and you decide to restore and didnt sync to save the pics and data then you would only have the 100 pics you had from the last time you synced if you DON'T restore as new device(you will know once you click restore if you wanna restore as_____(the name you used) or as a new device
johnson

Postby etan84 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:51 am

Sorry, but itll delete all your photos, apps, and music. Itll also put it back to the dephault settings. I suggest putting the music and photos on a file on your computer so you can put them back o your iphone afterwards. You can get all of your apps back for real if you use the same password and username though.
etan84

Return to iPhone