<

What is wrong with frost wire?

Postby bellamy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 am

ok when i purchase any song it is always is this ad?! :|
ok this is what it says
"Congratulations as part of a limewire and frostwire court ordered settlement you have been selected to receive a real iPhone 4, real dell laptop, real 32" plasma screen HDTV, real Nintendo wii, real xbox360 . to claim your real court settlement go to WWW.limewirelaw.com" no matter what i purchase it always is that add?!? whats wrong with it? i reinstalled it and everything restarted my computer did everything i can think of
bellamy

Postby rosselyn51 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 am

it's all a scam

frostwire and slimewire are BOTH illegal to use to purchase copyright music

the government recently shut down slimewire for illegal purchase

they're trying to give you a virus

one more reason to stay away from the illegal sites
rosselyn51

<

Postby cheauka » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:30 am

if you're fairly new to frostwire, you can pretty easily get caught with baaaaaad songs, ones that have ads in them or ones that are the "voice of bill clinton" saying, "i did not have prayer relations with that woman..." that one's been around for a WHILE... anyway, long time users can easily tell the difference in what is a real song and what isn't. hover over the song that you're about to purchase, and look at the specs. Look at the duration and the name. If they're all filled out properly and the length is appropriate (around 3 minutes long) then you should be in the clear. If the specs look shady and it says it's only 33 seconds long, you've most likely hit an add. Clear if out of the queue and try again. You can even do a virus/spyware scan if that makes you feel more comfortable. of course, you get the absolute best sound quality and no risk of viruses if you just buy the music from Itunes or Rhapsody. :)
cheauka

Postby shaan68 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:37 am

They are just viruses. Don't purchase them.
shaan68

Return to iPhone