<

Why do people think that Steve Jobs invented the iphone/ipad/etc?

Postby hrypanleah27 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 am

I mean we all know that a product made by a company takes years of work made by hundreds (or thousands) of engineers and technicians, and it require previous inventions, so why do people insist that Steve Jobs invented X or Y product just because he was the CEO of Apple at that specific time?

I think that it actually make people forget the real achievements reached by Jobs, like raising a company from zero (Apple) together with Wozniak (the man who invented the Apple I) in a garage and without money or investors, or helping to save Apple from the bankrupt and helping Apple grow their shares more than 100.000 dollars during the last 12 years.

I just read a ridiculous part of the Job's biography where the author compares him with Einstein... that's just insane, Einstein published radical theories that changed the classical focus of physics, how dare he to compare Jobs with Einstein?

Thanks for reading. And please forgive me for my broken English, as you can see, English isn't my native language.
hrypanleah27

Postby merewood78 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am

I mostly agree. Steve Jobs was much more like Henry Ford than Einstein. Jobs deserves adulation, but let's do that in perspective. He was not the only one who has invented/co-invented or been the voice for magnificent innovations and the inventions of products or processes of great significance.
merewood78

<

Postby jie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:45 am

Uh he did create it.
He compared einstein to steve jobs because steve also created something that changed the world and everybody loved.
I didn't have time to read the full question so I'm just going by off the title lol
jie

Postby mikolaus77 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 am

He envisioned the devices years before they were realized, but as you said, they were created by the combined efforts of many talented people.
mikolaus77

Postby norris42 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:50 am

Nobody cares who really invented it. Steve Jobs was the face of Apple.
norris42

Postby hasin7 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:55 am

Nobody cares who really invented it. Steve Jobs was the face of Apple.
Because he was the big man. You think Bill Gates gets the money by himself? He has people working under him.
hasin7

Postby roberto » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 pm

wat a engineerynb
roberto

Postby brarn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Welll..

To see all the patents with Steve Jobs name in them just Google, here: http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&gcx=c&ix=c1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=steve+jobs#q=steve+jobs&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&source=lnms&tbm=pts&ei=pnTBTq2kCoP8iQKfzqzlDA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=13&ved=0CCEQ_AUoDA&prmdo=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=edd5bb47367f660b&biw=1406&bih=738

There are HUNDREDS of them... Steve's PASSION was excelence and he was passionate about music and the REAL cool stuff he did started with the iPod.. then the iPhone then the iPad.. The computers were always using his inventive ideas.. You gotta say there is NUTTIN' like the iPhone, iPad, and iPod till AFTER Steve put his out there...

You will see the list of inventions with Steve Jobs name on them.
As I understand he was a VERY HANDS ON guy who pushed the envelope of engineering.

So much so that can you imagine the pissing and moaning by the engineers saying they could not make the iPhone with only ONE button? The HOME button? It is WAAAAAAY over the top what he did.

So, in the end I believe he had his hands in the works MUCH MORE than most bubs and for it has his name affixed to many patents.

And if YOOOOOU want to patent something then take a look at the second video in this blog.. Who knows perhaps YOU can be the next Steve Jobs who folks whine about!
http://www.filepatentapplications.com/blog/

So, he just might be up there with Einstein because rather than "discovering" physical laws of the niverse.. E=Mc^2 and all he "Invented" a very useful user interface that makes our lives easier. For Einstein, my life is not any "easier" simply because he put his Genius to make the Atom Bomb and other things of war that got to the wrong hands.. It is, In fact, more difficult because I wish they did not have these nasty bombs and such... Heeeeyyy.. I am a mechanical and electrical engineer and I LOVE einstein and did even study the theory of relativity and have a greater grasp than the average bub but i STILL say the USEFULNESS is of less value to me when compared to the inventive ideas of Steve Jobs.

Also, in patent law, if you LIE about who invented something it can be used to make that patent invalid. I do not think Steve Jobs would affix his name to something he did not invent and put in peril the IP of the company...

BTW.. Your English is just fine! It is mine that suffers!

If you like my answer then please vote for it!
brarn

Return to iPhone