<

Why do I scream in my sleep?

Postby macmaureadhaigh » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm 18 now, but since I was about 10 I've been screaming in my sleep nearly every night! And it's got worse as I've got older. I don't know what's wrong with me because I don't remember having a nightmare of any kind. I bought the iphone app sleep recorder and found myself screaming every night something along the lines of 'no no please don't hurt me!' Is there anything I can do to try and calm myself before I go to sleep? I always have a vague recollection of screaming when I wake up, so it's not like I don't know I'm doing it! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
macmaureadhaigh

Postby birdhil » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Have you been abused in the past?
This sounds stupid, but people with past lives actually re-live their previous lives [ I heard this in psychology class] in their dreams [ it's questionable to me (?)]
Maybe you're just prone to nightmares.
Do you watch scary movies? Maybe one just sticks with you and you don't realize it.
If you're suffering from lack of a decent nights sleep or your family wants to tape you mouth shut , you might want to see your MD. A small dose of hypnotic (sleep aid) may do the trick !
Good luck !!
birdhil

<

Postby jorian38 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:08 pm

I used to cry and weep when I was younger sometimes go out of bed and sleepwalk. It was that I still remember, I had the same dream over and it was a bizarre, scary dream. You might have nightmares that you can't remember or something on your childhood happened. My reason was when I born my aunt would go crazy over me and have like this screaming voice but she was just saying aww ur so cute and p,playing with me. Yu can just relax and maybe you have a phobia of dark. Just, go to a physiatrist if it is over the top. Good luck and pray to God. I hope you will be doing better ;)
jorian38

Postby kimble11 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 pm

I used to cry and weep when I was younger sometimes go out of bed and sleepwalk. It was that I still remember, I had the same dream over and it was a bizarre, scary dream. You might have nightmares that you can't remember or something on your childhood happened. My reason was when I born my aunt would go crazy over me and have like this screaming voice but she was just saying aww ur so cute and p,playing with me. Yu can just relax and maybe you have a phobia of dark. Just, go to a physiatrist if it is over the top. Good luck and pray to God. I hope you will be doing better ;)
I've always found meditation a good calm down trick. Or honey milk.
Warm the milk,
Add the squeezy honey,
Heat the milk and stir. It helps me a lot, Im always angry and the honey milk and meditation always helps me calm down.
kimble11

Postby kavan13 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:18 pm

I had a same problem
kavan13

Postby hallwell62 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Try sleeping on the other side dreaking tea and if it gets worse i really suggest going to a therapist or some time of mental doctor cuz that is not really all that healthy
hallwell62

Postby evan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:40 pm

maybe see a doctor or go to a mental place or maybe just drink milk rite b4 sleeping or just be super happy dont start off being so mad or sad dont be stressed
evan

Postby tillman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Your afraid the rapemans commin to get ya !
tillman

Return to iPhone