<

Wifi working for computer but not for laptop or Iphone?

Postby odharnait14 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Hey guys :)

ok so I have a question.

My computer works on wireless internet connection (I have shaw highspeed and a D-Link router).
I also have Israelite that works on internet (The ones that work on wifi) I also have another tv accesory that works on wifi and that's also working.

My Iphone and laptop aren't connecting to wifi. They detect networks from around my area (like my neighbors) but not my own wifi network.

Any idea how I can fix this problem?
Please and Thank you ^_^
odharnait14

Postby tristen2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Hey guys :)

ok so I have a question.

My computer works on wireless internet connection (I have shaw highspeed and a D-Link router).
I also have Israelite that works on internet (The ones that work on wifi) I also have another tv accesory that works on wifi and that's also working.

My Iphone and laptop aren't connecting to wifi. They detect networks from around my area (like my neighbors) but not my own wifi network.

Any idea how I can fix this problem?
Please and Thank you ^_^
a good place to start is to power cycle your devices. turn off the modem by removing power from it. remove power from the router as well. wait a minute. plug in modem first. wait like 20 seconds and then plug in router. it will take another couple minutes for the router to go through the boot process and start broadcasting a network again. after that, it should work.
tristen2

<

Postby kristofor79 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Make sure your router has SSID broadcast enabled. Devices that know the SSID will keep connecting to it, even if it's not broadcasting. Devices that don['t know it (new ones) won't find it.

(If your computer connects, you don't have to reset your modem or your router - they're evidently working.)
kristofor79

Postby ross92 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:25 pm

ur computer is connected to ur modem. reset ur modem
ross92

Return to iPhone