<

Wired indoor outdoor thermometer?

Postby feichin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Back around 1975 I bought a Heathkit indoor/outdoor thermometer - AC powered, LED display, with a long cable leading to an outdoor sensor. Now after 35 years, the readings are getting erratic, and it's time to buy something newer. My requirements are simple - I don't want to deal with batteries and I want to be able to read it from across the room in any lighting conditions. That means AC power, wired probe, and LED display. But that doesn't seem to be available at any price. I probably could rig up a computer or an iPhone to do it but that seems like overkill. Does anyone know if there is anything available that can match 1975 technology?
feichin

Postby ansley » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm

If a part number is available, consider replacing the thermistor which is probably the cause of the erratic readings.
ansley

<

Postby adiel87 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Have you looked into Oregon Scientific? I bought a battery-powered uniit from them 4 years ago and I've had to replace the batteries just once so far so it wasn't much of a hassle. I don't know if they have exactly what you want but they have several styles and one may suit your needs. It should be worth a look anyway. Good luck, I hope you find it.
adiel87

Return to iPhone