<

My 12 year old daughter wants a iPhone and I said no?

Postby arnold10 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello. I have two children, my oldest is 21 year old, he has a iPhone but also, my 12 year old daughter wants one too, I said no. She has a phone, a samsung. She says that she wants a new one for her birthday.
She talked to me, trying to persuade me to buy her a iPhone for her 14 birthday. My mum who is 70, will be angry, because it too pricey and it can easily be stolen.
Is there adult content on the iPhone? My daughter is really keen to have one, but I'm scared in case she discovers "the adult content." which will put her off the Internet forever.

What does a iPhone have? I don't have one, so I don't know.

Please help me.

Thank you
arnold10

Postby hyun-shik » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:05 pm

A 12yr old doesn't need an iPhone. If she truly wants one, she can do extra chores for it.
hyun-shik

<

Postby gervase70 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Bullshit, I'm 14 and I don't even have a fancy phone, or an ipod. It's pay as you go phone, and I have just a plain mp3.

I think she can live without it. She needs to focus on school right now, and that iphone is just going to make her bring it to school, get suspended, and get it taken away.

As for adult content, its just like the internet - you search not fun your gonna get not fun. However a computer is better because you can install a filter - you cant do that on the iphone.
gervase70

Postby bridge58 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Don't buy her an iPhone. I'm sorry but 12 year olds don't NEED flashy phones - they just need a basic one to call in case of an emergency. Even at 14 it's too young to have something so expensive because a few months down the line I can guarantee there will be another new phone she "must have" and you'll have wasted your money.
bridge58

Postby kendall » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:34 pm

The iphone is no different from a normal phone, it just has more features and it's more expensive. I don't really understand your concern, despite the high price tag. Oh and your daughter has probably already discovered the adult content on the computer! 12 year olds are curious you know! If it's too expensive then she could pay half of it out of her own money. And if she doesn't want to do that she can do without!
kendall

Postby freeland94 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Buy her an iPod Touch. It has the same features as an iPhone but just does not have the phone in it.

I googled a similar question a few days ago. while attempting to look the solution I found a way to get the ipod touch for the lowest price from http://astore.amazon.co.uk/applestoreuk-21. the ipod touch arrived quickly now and im so excited. Hope that helps
freeland94

Postby shaw » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Buy her an iPod Touch. It has the same features as an iPhone but just does not have the phone in it.

I googled a similar question a few days ago. while attempting to look the solution I found a way to get the ipod touch for the lowest price from http://astore.amazon.co.uk/applestoreuk-21. the ipod touch arrived quickly now and im so excited. Hope that helps
I'm sorry but when I was 12 I didn't even have a cell phone and I will not even buy my son a cell phone until he starts to drive by himself (for emergency calls). I think she needs to buy her own iPhone if she wants one. Make her save her birthday money or holiday money.
shaw

Postby garwyn77 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Its not worth getting her an Iphone in my opinion! Its only the same as other phones but you have games on it! Your best bet would be getting her an ipod touch! Ipod phones get stole to easy and it will save you an arm and a leg!
garwyn77

Postby edmondo65 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:55 pm

apple doesnt allow adult apps however she could still access the un restricted internet, very expensive also.

if she is 12 then why does she want the phone for her 14th?
edmondo65

Postby abraham » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:56 pm

There's no "adult stuff" on the iphone, or apps. but you can browse the internet just like someone does with a computer.
abraham

Next

Return to iPhone