<

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding?

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding?

Postby drue » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:10 am

Hi there.

Recently I have had a problem with my wireless internet. I can connect to the internet via a LAN connection to the modem/router box on my home PC. Usually I can easily surf the web on my laptop via wireless also. All of a sudden the other day this stopped working. I can still pick up the internet and the connection is strong, but for some reason there is no internet access. This is also the same on both my brothers iPhone and mine also - strong connection but no internet access. My PC which is connected via LAN is running xp but my laptop is on windows 7 pro. I ran a diagnostic on my laptop and this is where the error message was shown: "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding?" i tried flushing the DNS on my PC but to no avail.

If anyone could help that would be awesome, this is becoming very frustrating!

Many thanks!
drue

Postby duach33 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:20 am

Hey Jones ?

Well if your desktop is working properly then that means it's an issue with the router. You said any device trying to connect to it won't work properly. Are you getting an IP address on your laptop ? If so try renewing your IP address and see if that resolves the issue. What is your default gateway IP ?

Message me. Hope I helped
duach33

<

Postby beorhthramm24 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 am

Renewing your IP address might help, but if the router has the wrong DNS, which is the server that translates www.yahoo.com into a numeric IP address like the one in your PC, then it's probably your ISP problem. Call them and explain them that you have an issue with the DNS. You might have to go through the usual stuff ( reload the routers, is your pc on, etc.. ) but just insist that you know what you are doing and ti's a problem with their DNS.

GL
beorhthramm24

Return to iPhone