<

160 iPod Classic stuck on a white screen?

Postby kolby » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:38 pm

This morning, I was listening to music when my screen just went white- I have NO idea what happened, and I could still listen to music, but now, I have no idea what's going on. It's been like this all day.

Do NOT say to press the menu and center select button, because I've done that like 50 times, and it still goes to the white screen- the apple doesn't even show up. :( I went as far as to make sure all my music was backed up as well, and restored it, but that also did nothing. I tried forced disk mode as well, and it just went black for a second. Nothing happened.

Can someone PLEASE tell me there's a way to fix this?
My iPod was completely charged this morning, so I know it's not something with the battery. I don't want to take it to the Apple store, because I'm broke and my dad's gonna be pissed because I got this 2 months ago.

Help? D;
kolby

Postby setanta » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Have you thought about going into Apples' support page? Sometimes you can find an answer there all by yourself. If not, you can always send them an e-mail. I have a 120 gb classic and it has stopped responding a few times since I bought it. it is out of warranty and it was hard to get an answer w/o paying for it but if you can't find an answer go to the Apple store or call them up. The reason might be pretty simple and it never hurts to ask Apple. They want you to be happy with their products so don't be afraid to ask!
setanta

<

Postby achazya » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Just leave it open until the battery is completely zero and then try to restart it... That happened to me several times before. And when you reconnect it to your computer sometime later, there might be a pop-up message saying "The device has error blah blah blah Do you want to fix it?" Click Yes. And your good to go again.
achazya

Postby enea » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:57 pm

you said the ipod was completely charged, your ipod might be over-charged thats what usually happens to mine.
enea

Postby ann38 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 pm

restore it in itunes
ann38

Return to iPod