<

Best Jailbreak for iPod Touch 4th Gen?

Postby eben » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:37 am

I got an 4th gen touch, and it's current software version is 4.1
What program is best for breaking it?
I have heard about various different ones, especially Limera1n, and I want people's opinions before I go ahead and jailbreak my iPod using some random program. Recommendations?

Also, what exactly does jailbreaking do? I must admit, I'm only jailbreaking because everyone recommends it, but what kind of extra things will it let me do with my iPod that my current OFW will now let me do?

Thanks for all your answers. :)
eben

Postby breasal37 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:44 am

How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G 4.2.1 Untethered with GreenPois0n RC5
Step 1

* purchase Greenpois0n RC5
* purchase iOS 4.2.1 (in case you need to restore)

Step 2

If you’re already running iOS 4.2.1, skip to the next step.

Connect your iPod touch 4G, 3G, or 2G to your computer via USB cable and restore iOS 4.2.1.
Step 3
http://limera1n.org/2011/02/jailbreak-ipod-touch-4g-3g-2g-ios-4-2-1-untethered-with-greenpois0n-rc6/
breasal37

<

Postby berke » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:46 am

The program my friends and me personally like the best and is easiest to do is redsnOw. Jailbreaking offs up a whole new world for you and your ipod touch. Once you jailbreak your ipod you will have Cydia and it will allow you to purchase numerous apps and games you would normally have to pay for in the app store. It is pretty AMAZING! Ha, but there is this one website I would recommend trying to jailbreak your Ipod. This link is below, and my friend used this and said it was so simple. It has a video to show you and step by step instructions! Couldnt get much easier. Good luck!
berke

Return to iPod