<

My brother punished me by...?

Postby hanniel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:14 am

So first of all I live with my older brother because my dad was in jail and my parents are divorced. My mom can't deal with me and my issues (I have a lot) so she sent me to live with my brother who I dearly love. So on Sunday (my brother's not home right now so this is the best time I can ask this question). So I woke up kind of hormonal and stuff and then I realized that I left my IPod on the stairs when my brother told me to pick it up twice earlier so he got after me for that and I told him that I'm sick of him telling me what to do and we got into an argument which started off the day really bad. He walked away from the problem. Maybe 10 minutes later he came to my room and talked to me and he apologized for yelling and I apologize too and we hugged. Later I was supposed to go shopping with my new neighbor so my brother has this rule 'your room has to be cleaned before you go out,' and it wasn't so he said, 'Did you know your room isn't cleaned?' and it made me really mad for some reason so I said, 'did you know your girlfriend is a sl*t,' so he got really mad at me and I screamed and cussed back at him. Then he immediately took the hot sauce out of the fridge and told me to come here but I refused so he grabbed me and pour some down my mouth. So I cried and moaned and got it down. Was that wrong of him to do that? Is that abuse? Then I threw a tantrum and told him that he's mean and unfair so he sent to the guest room for fifteen minutes. He came back up and told me that he did it for my own good and he's sick of me yelling, cussing, throwing tantrums and that if there's another strike he would call off shopping. Did he have a right to get that mad? Do you think he's a jerk? Cause I do! I have a lot of problems and I'm depressed and nervous about starting a new school and lately I feel like he's getting mad at me all the time and like he's being so hard on me. I know I can act out really bad but I don't like it when he punishes me. What can I do?
hanniel

Postby jerad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 am

well i guess he went with the soap in the mouth to keep you from cursing that is so common and its been done to me to, at least you had hot sauce instead of nasty soap that makes you sick, but i mean really he's telling you that youre being disrespectful and you just arent listening so i agree with him, maybe it was a little harsh since you say you have some problems but i think you need to treat your brother better. if you dont like him punishing you then just listen to him. be happy you have someone who loves you enough to try to make you a better person. I understand as a psychology major that there may be chemical imbalances that cause you to act out but i think if you walk away from the situation when he gets you mad and take a deep breath maybe scream into a pillow, get out it in some harmless way you will rarely get in trouble you may learn to calm down yourself and you'll have a way better relationship with your brother
jerad

<

Postby ephram » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 am

well i guess he went with the soap in the mouth to keep you from cursing that is so common and its been done to me to, at least you had hot sauce instead of nasty soap that makes you sick, but i mean really he's telling you that youre being disrespectful and you just arent listening so i agree with him, maybe it was a little harsh since you say you have some problems but i think you need to treat your brother better. if you dont like him punishing you then just listen to him. be happy you have someone who loves you enough to try to make you a better person. I understand as a psychology major that there may be chemical imbalances that cause you to act out but i think if you walk away from the situation when he gets you mad and take a deep breath maybe scream into a pillow, get out it in some harmless way you will rarely get in trouble you may learn to calm down yourself and you'll have a way better relationship with your brother
to be honest sounds like you deserved it

yeah my parents piss me off to but they dont do that i just go to my room to carm down.. try it

when your there just try different things to carm down, im best if i have a little nap or watch a film.
ephram

Postby briant » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 am

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime, or something like that.

Your brother had taken on a lot by taking you on. I think you can allow him one mistake.
briant

Postby fang » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:38 am

it is wrong. but it depends on the age 17-18+ on whether or not you can file charges, if you want to that is.

otherwise get him back=D
fang

Postby loc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 am

Tell your brother you need counseling.

If you don't start dealing with your issues, you will always have conflict with people.

best of luck.
loc

Postby bobbie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 am

I think you should give him a break because he has bad days just like you do.
And i sorta think the world revolves around you or that's just the way your acting
bobbie

Postby edelmar13 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 am

I think you should give him a break because he has bad days just like you do.
And i sorta think the world revolves around you or that's just the way your acting
Hot sauce doesn't seem like that bad of a punishment.
edelmar13

Postby eardly21 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:58 am

I think it's weird, but sounds like you deserved it.
eardly21

Postby tyree » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

I'm not a jerk, Stephanie. This happened days ago, cut it out and let it go. We talked about this. You don't need to bring it to the internet. I don't appreciate it at all. Your always giving me such a hard time. I'm sorry I had to pour hot sauce down your mouth but you asked for it and I did for your own good and no it's not abuse. I did because I care and I can't let you go on cursing and yelling all the time. I understand you have problems and I feel for you but think about what you would be like if you still lived with Mom. I know you don't like it when I punish you but it has to be done. I know you'd rather live with me than Mom. Your lucky to have me and someone to discipline you. Yahoo! Answers isn't a place to vent your feelings. I answered your question because it's easier to tell you here instead of in person. I found it because I checked your history on your computer. Hopefully, you think about this and if we could talk later, I'd really like to. Love you!
tyree

Next

Return to iPod