<

Can an ipod touch be hacked by other people like a computer?

Postby ebenezeer44 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:25 am

im really nervous about my ipod touch being hacked. is it possible? it has the cameras on it and that freaks me out. ive also taken some pictures that aren't necessarily bad but i wouldnt want them on the internet. ive of course deleted them but im nervous there is a way some one could have gotten or can still get them even though they are deleted.how will i know if its been hacked and how will i know if those pics are on the internet?i know i sound paranoid, but im really scared! please help!
ebenezeer44

Postby gervasio » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 am

im really nervous about my ipod touch being hacked. is it possible? it has the cameras on it and that freaks me out. ive also taken some pictures that aren't necessarily bad but i wouldnt want them on the internet. ive of course deleted them but im nervous there is a way some one could have gotten or can still get them even though they are deleted.how will i know if its been hacked and how will i know if those pics are on the internet?i know i sound paranoid, but im really scared! please help!
everyone buys apple products because they don't allow hackers or viruses. that's usually on the Mac. so something that small with less applications of a Mac it is very unlikely and almost impossible
gervasio

<

Postby clayburn10 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 am

if it is not jail broken then it can't be hacked. if you jail break it, it allows for hackers to log into your ipod through ssh tunneling and change your settings. if it is jail broken then i would suggest that you change your ssh password to something complex and hard to guess so that it is less likely to get hacked.
clayburn10

Postby kalfr » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:54 am

Given how much Apple restricts and locks down their products, remotely "hacking" an iPod would be nearly impossible.

The only reasonable way that someone could legitimately access your pictures is if they had physical access to your iPod long enough to upload the files to somewhere else. If you want to make sure that never happens, keep track of your iPod and set up a 4-digit lock code in the settings.

Point is, you don't have much to worry about. "Hacking" isn't nearly as cool as Hollywood wants you to think.
kalfr

Return to iPod