<

Can people see my history on their wifi?

Postby sammy35 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 pm

If I get onto Someones wifi network,, can they see which sites I've been on and what I do on my iPod touch 4? Would it show up on their computer, or how would they be able to know this?
sammy35

Postby thurleah » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Possibly, if their network is set up to monitor user traffic.
thurleah

<

Postby gower74 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 pm

It would not be able to show up on their computer. The way that they would see this is through their wireless router. If they login to their wireless console, not *might* they be able to see what you have accessed, they will see the name of the iPod itself and the MAC address. They could notice activity on their modem/router and if they have basic knowledge of this technology, they can login and see what is causing this usage. They would not be able to see what specific sites you have been to, but likely the host names or IPs can be logged and if so they can find out from there.

If they use a dedicated firewall machine or Cisco routing servers like I do, I cannot only monitor where they are going but many of their client specifics and monitor all of their traffic in real time. So yes it is possible.
gower74

Postby jordanna48 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 pm

It would not be able to show up on their computer. The way that they would see this is through their wireless router. If they login to their wireless console, not *might* they be able to see what you have accessed, they will see the name of the iPod itself and the MAC address. They could notice activity on their modem/router and if they have basic knowledge of this technology, they can login and see what is causing this usage. They would not be able to see what specific sites you have been to, but likely the host names or IPs can be logged and if so they can find out from there.

If they use a dedicated firewall machine or Cisco routing servers like I do, I cannot only monitor where they are going but many of their client specifics and monitor all of their traffic in real time. So yes it is possible.
Your asking a lot of questions tonight.

YES!
There is a way to have a log file generated in the wireless router to see WHO and WHERE and WHEN they were accessing the network.
jordanna48

Re: Can people see my history on their wifi?

Postby freelancerlaptop » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:31 pm

I have a question, since this seems like an informed group.

I recently had to spend about two hours during work, looking up a serious medical issue on-line. (it was urgent, couldn't be helped...I stayed late to finish my work, so its not an issue of time, just that I had to look up sensitive things on the work wifi system)

My question is: I used my own laptop. Could my employers (its a relatively small company) have seen the medical sites I visited during that two hours? Is it impossible without them seizing my computer? Is it possible but improbable -- ie alot of work for them to dig that info up? Or highly likely, on the business' wifi-system do they get a list of all the sites visited that day? (or can you only view things in real time - I worked for a big company where the IT people could call up any screen in the whole building)

I'm less concerned about e-mail/passwords - and just sites visited because then they would know about my condition?

Or am I just paranoid?

Thanks
freelancerlaptop

Postby burtpulizzi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 am

In your opinion what is the wifi jammer used for? Do you have a basic understanding of the knowledge about it? If you want to know more about it, then you can stop your step at jammerall then you will get the information and the knowledge you want.
burtpulizzi

Postby g-telware » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 am

jordanna48 wrote:

Your asking a lot of questions tonight.

YES!
There is a way to have a log file generated in the wireless router to see WHO and WHERE and WHEN they were accessing the network.

@jordanna48, But that file can be available in system then how others will able to see that. I am unable to understand your concept. Will you please elaborate.
g-telware

Postby carlt01simo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:57 am

Still feel annoying when being disturbed cell phone calls? Don’t want this bad thing to happen again and again in your life and work? Ok, do not be anxious, the jammer 3g at jammerfromchina can be your first and best selection. And if you want to know more about this kind of device, can gain the useful information you want.
carlt01simo

Return to iPod