<

I can't remember my iPod passcode...?

Postby hernan9 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 pm

I changed my iPod touch passcode yesterday while half asleep, and I don't remember what I made it now. But I really can't afford to restore my iPod, as my computer recently crashed, forcing me to get a brand new harddrive. Is there any way to either 1- get ALL of my iPod's data back onto my harddrive - without needing to unlock my iPod (I have tried senuti, backing up my iPod to my computer, and many other "solutions," but they all have limits to how much you can do, or they don't include pictures and video, or you have to register or pay, or have just flat-out not worked, etcetera); or 2- reset my passcode without restoring... Or maybe even 3- do both? If you could answer on how to do both that would be incredible, otherwise I would love answers to either question!
hernan9

Postby tupac70 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Plug in your ipod, then go to my computer. Click on your ipod drive. Go to TOOLS then FOLDER options. Click View and click ( Show Hidden Files and Folders). You should be able to click on IPOD control. Here you will most likely see the folders: accessories, device,music, artwork, and itunes. In Windows under the music folder has subfolders such as F00, F02, F01, etc. Your music is in these subfolders. I find it easier to use with XP than Windows 7. Open the folder called "Device"
rename the file "_locked" to "_unlocked".
tupac70

<

Postby kevin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm sorry but either restore it or buy a new iPod !
kevin

Postby coilean » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:05 pm

ok try this...hold in both the lock key and the home key down at the same time for exactly ten seconds then let go of the lock key but keep holding down the home key for another 8 seconds it like resets the ipod somehow and i think you can redo your code. it worked for my friend and she has all her data....or just hold both keys till the apple pops up then release the lock key and hold the home till something else pops up.
hope ihelped:)
coilean

Return to iPod