<

Can I update my iPod firmware after jailbreaking?

Postby boone44 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:33 pm

I have a non-MC iPod Touch 2G with firmware iOS 4.0. Since iOS 4.0.2 is out, I want to update my firmware. However, I have jailbroken my iPod while using the iOS 4.0 firmware. Is it safe/okay to go ahead with the automatic firmware update through iTunes?
boone44

Postby mannuss » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:40 pm

I have a non-MC iPod Touch 2G with firmware iOS 4.0. Since iOS 4.0.2 is out, I want to update my firmware. However, I have jailbroken my iPod while using the iOS 4.0 firmware. Is it safe/okay to go ahead with the automatic firmware update through iTunes?
It will "unjailbreak" the Touch to 4.0.2. You'll need to jailbreak it again, this time for 4.0.2 (if it's out there).
mannuss

<

Postby quade » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:50 pm

It will "unjailbreak" the Touch to 4.0.2. You'll need to jailbreak it again, this time for 4.0.2 (if it's out there).
if you go ahead with the latest 4.0.2 firmware update you'll most definitely loose your jailbreak , and if you want to do so then go ahead , i must tell you there is nothing great about 4.0.2 compared to 4.0 and 4.0.1 ....... next is the fact that if you want to jailbreak your itouch again you will have to wait for 4.1 to come out and hopefully a hack will be realeased :)
quade

Return to iPod