<

Can my wifi browsing history be tracked by the host?

Postby clyffton » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:28 am

I use wifi on my iPod touch And I was just wondering if my browsing history can be tracked by he owner of the wifi network I am using. it is my neighbor's router and he said I can use it. he gave me the password to it. can he see my browsing history?
clyffton

Postby ricard67 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:29 am

No.
No-one can see your browsing history unless they physically get hold of your device and check it. The same if you add a laptop to the wireless network. You can browse all you want and the router owner won't know what you're looking at unless they allow personally put you both in the same workgroup and allow sharing on the computers but to do this, the router wowner would again need physical access to your computer to set this up.
ricard67

<

Postby kirby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:33 am

No.
No-one can see your browsing history unless they physically get hold of your device and check it. The same if you add a laptop to the wireless network. You can browse all you want and the router owner won't know what you're looking at unless they allow personally put you both in the same workgroup and allow sharing on the computers but to do this, the router wowner would again need physical access to your computer to set this up.
I suppose anything is possible, especially if they are using software such as Shark or Cain. Not really your history, but if their good enough, they can decrypt data sent to and from your PC.
kirby

Return to iPod