<

Different Types of Dr. Dre Beats? (READ BELOW)?

Postby tristen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:26 pm

they'res a-lot of different types of dre headphones? how are they all diff. can someone please do this.

*studio- ..............
*hd pro-...............
and ect.

which ones are right for me?
-I like lots of bass, I like to listen to techno, hardstyle, jumpstyler, good for Ipod, and I DJ
tristen

Postby stephenson » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:28 pm

You'd be better off with some quality headphones from a manufacturer such as Grado, Sennheiser, Denon, AKG, Shure etc. You won't get Dr Dre's name all over your head, you won't get props from the fickle fashion-victims, but you will get better sound and a quality product.

But, of course, you shouldn't take my word for it. Read some reviews of headphones at http://www.head-fi.org and see if you can come up with a list of headphones you'd like to listen to. Then get yourself over to a store that'll let you listen to the 'phones using your iPod and your music. I can almost guarantee that you'll opt for something other than the Beats.
stephenson

<

Postby henri9 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:36 pm

If you're DJ, have you checked out the DJForums.com website? That is a great place to start.

For sound quality alone, pretty much ANY major headphone company, besides Bose, will sound better than the Beats by Dre at the $200 price range. Higher quality, in summary, is the equivalent of hearing music as it was meant to be heard. The Beats by Dre. advertise this, but generally amongst audiophiles and professional music artists, they do not offer nearly the same sound quality compared to other audio companies.

To me the Beats by Dre sound incredibly muddy and their soundstage is pretty small compared to the HD 600's. I listen to a lot of Asian pop songs so vocals, particularly female, orchestra, electronica, and jazz music and I can assure you that the Beats have inferior quality compared to other headphones (see below).

Take a look at some of the Sennheiser (HD-1-ii), Shure (SRH-840), or Audio Technica ATH-M50 if you want headphones with a balanced sound signature. All 3 of these are extremely well-built in comparison to most other headphones and the Sennheiser ones actually have replaceable parts (in case one part of the headphone does break). The Sennheiser and Audio Technica headphones I mentioned are known to be really comfortable and have good noise isolation (meaning you can listen to less of the outside noise, more of your music at the same volume level) if that's what you're looking for as well.

Looking for bass (since the Beats by Dre headphones are [in]famous for their huge bass emphasis)? Go for the Ultrasone HFI-580/DJ1, Shure SRH750DJ, Sony V700DJ or one of Sony's XB_00 series headphones, or even the Phiaton MS400 headphones (which come in red and are much more durable than the Beats by Dre). All of these headphones are pretty durable. The Ultrasone and Phiaton headphones I mentioned are known to have a lot of bass relative to other high sound-quality headphones, but the other headphones still have good bass punch.

But with all due respect, please save yourself from not purchasing the overpriced Beats and invest in something more worthwhile in terms of sound quality.

If you like overly bloated bass in your music (though the Sony XB_00 series headphones sound just as good or better for 1/4 the price) or stylish headphones, then the Beats headphones might be the right ones for you if you can find them less than $200.

I emphasize again, for their price, the Beats by Dre are definitely not worth it. Yes they are fashionable, yes they have booming bass, no they are not as durable as other headphones you can get at that price, and no they do not offer the same audio quality amongst other name-brands at that price.
henri9

Postby cordero17 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Monster Beats Studio by Dr. Dre (Black) (Beats Studio Headphones, Blk)

The Beats Solo headphones are a great pair of headphones, for when you need great quality audio on the go. These Beats by Dre headphones incorporate many of the same technologies as the Studio headphones but also include a smaller speaker that doesn't quite cover the ear as well as a collapsible design.

Folding Design Beats fold into a compact shape for easy packing wherever you're going.

Monster Clean Cloth™ Ultra-soft cleaning cloth with AEGIS® microbe shield keeps Beats clean and controls germs.

High Gloss Finish Everyone wants to look good, the scratch-resistant coating keeps Beats that way.

###
cordero17

Return to iPod