<

An error occurred, please try again later my friend's site?

Postby nari » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:54 am

Alright, I have tried everything! Clearing cookies, uninstalling browsers, chrome, internet explorer (6, 8, 9) Firefox (3.6, 4 RC) reinstalling flash, private mode, adding things to the URL, quality change, pop out window, restarting wireless router, restarting modem, plugging in LAN instead of WiFi, restarting computers. On all 5 of my computers!!! My PS3 can't get my friend's site, my iPod touch can't get my friend's site, friends computers can't get my friend's site. Nothing I do is working!!! I don't know what else to do! Oh and I have also switched DNS's (From OpenDNS to Google DNS and back) My friends can get on my friend's site just fine at there houses. I only have 1 ISP where I live so I can't switch (unless I get satellite, which is a NO) This just started happening out of the blue. I went to sleep, woke up, An error occurred. It's been 4 days, I think it's later enough. I need a new suggesting, anything! I don't care if I have to rewrite the hole world of software... I'm right now, confused.
nari

Postby dubv » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:55 am

It sounds like a router problem to me.

Try bypassing the router.

Plug one PC or laptop directly into the modem via Ethernet.

Cycle power on the modem and then reboot the computer.

Try to go to my friend's site, if it works then the router was at fault.

You can use a paperclip or toothpick to reset the router to factory default settings. Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds while the router is powered up. You will have to reconfigure all of your settings and wireless security.

Good Luck...
dubv

<

Postby conyn50 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:57 am

It sounds like a router problem to me.

Try bypassing the router.

Plug one PC or laptop directly into the modem via Ethernet.

Cycle power on the modem and then reboot the computer.

Try to go to my friend's site, if it works then the router was at fault.

You can use a paperclip or toothpick to reset the router to factory default settings. Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds while the router is powered up. You will have to reconfigure all of your settings and wireless security.

Good Luck...
Try again later.

HAHA, sorry I couldn't resist.

Is there any firewall in your household network that's blocking my friend's site? You said that all your computers exhibit the same symptoms, so it most likely isn't an individual problem. It has something to do with your router/internet. Try calling up your ISP too and ask them about it.
conyn50

Postby amal72 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:10 am

i found ths on my friend's site. Everyone -

If you are experiencing:
1) A black, white, or colored box (with or without a line through it) over the video player
2) A wonky looking (or no) scroll bar
3) Your video stops playing when you try and change your resolution

...you've come to the right place. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working hard with Adobe to try and work it out as soon as possible. Please use the following workarounds in the meantime:

For Safari users (try either):
1) Go to http://www.my friend's site.com/swf_test.html > right-click on the player > click Settings > disable Hardware Acceleration
2) Quit Safari > go to the Applications Folder > right-click on Safari > select Get Info > check Open in 32-bit mode option
For users with any other browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc):
1) Right-click on the player > click Settings > disable Hardware Acceleration > refresh your Internet Browser
2) Try closing your browser and re-load the video.
Please post below if the above workarounds do not work for you, and we'll try and figure out other ways to help out. We really appreciate your patience on this one as we
amal72

Return to iPod