<

Forgot iPod Touch Restriction Passcode?

Postby meldrik90 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:07 am

I forgot my own restrictions passcode for my iPod Touch (that's restrictions, not the main passcode it asks you when you unlock it). I have tried restoring it with backing it up first but that only resets the main passcode. Will not backing it up before restoration reset the restrictions passcode too? If so, will there be any side effects? If not, what else can I do?
meldrik90

Postby farren31 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:12 am

Since the restrictions pass code can be different from the pass code lock and is stored with the iPhone's backup, the only way to do so is restore as a new iPhone or not from your iPhone's backup. Even if you do a restore and set the iPhone up as new, you will not lose your contacts, because they are stored in iTunes. You don't need to restore the backup to the phone for it to sync your contacts, as long as you are logged in under the same user name account in iTunes, it will sync your contacts and applications. The things you will lose are Call History, SMS History, Bookmarks in Safari, and any other personalized information you put on the iPhone.
farren31

<

Postby bealantin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:22 am

They should automatically sync as long as you don't restore it manually (without the computer). But if not, you can always just sync the apps after the restoration.
bealantin

Return to iPod